Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

2014 plans + WOOT

Can you believe it is November 30th?  I seriously can't!
Only one more month left in 2013.  For many of my friends this hasn't been the best year, so in same ways I will be glad it is over.

At this moment, I have two stitching related plans for 2014.
My local group is planning on starting Bent Creek's Stitching Row on January 1st.


I have the pattern, but haven't decided what to stitch it on, or with.  I really should pick from something in my stash.  Hopefully after the tax exam I can spend a few minutes or hours going through fabric and colours looking for something that will jump out.  I have been getting Steph's Fabric of the month, and would love to see if one of them would work!  This one will go in my stash room when I eventually get it done and finished finished.

Next on the list is Country Cottage Needleworks, Santa's Village.

This was a series that came out this year.  I have my fabric (Ice Princesss by Under the Sea) and all my thread pulled (called for thread).  It is actually all kitted and ready to go... just waiting until January (or hopefully LOL) to start.

Something else I have been thinking about is ornaments.  I really enjoyed doing an ornament a month this year.  Sometimes it is nice to do a small in between all the BAP's we do.  I haven't 100% decided yet, but am leaning towards Lizzie Kate's Jingles (which have 12 designs) or maybe even the Lizzie Kate yearly Santa's.  These will also qualify for the Small Sal that Silver Lotus is hosting.

Now onto the WOOT!
With this post, I have successfully completed another NaBloPoMo!  I was a little worried part way during  the month that I wouldn't be able to do it, or at least with few filler posts.  I think I did very well considering my schedule.  It re-affirmed that I do enjoy blogging.  My plan in the future is to keep doing my SAL posts and also my weekly updates.  We will see what happens :)

Regarding the giveaway.. you still have a few hours to comment on the post.  I will announce the first winner (yes there might be more then one) either tomorrow or Monday night.

5 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Look forward to seeing your stitching in 2014. I love the L*K Jingle series.

sharine said...

Great stitching plans. I'm hoping to do some Christmas ornaments next year as well:)

Ann C. said...

Good Luck stitching the Santa's Village in 2014. I look forward to seeing your progress.

EvalinaMaria said...

Congratulations of finishing NaBloPoMo! Now, stay on track and post often :)
Your new project is very nice, I you sure you can wait another whole month before you put your first stitch in?
Thanks for the link to smalls SAL, we are in it together!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Good plans for 2014. Congrats on making it through NaBloPoMo