Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Weddings

On one of my trips to A Stitchers Garden I picked up a copy of Bent Creek's Wedding row. This is what the original pattern looks like if it is new to you




I knew of 2 weddings coming up and thought this would be perfect.

First up was an old co-worker of Blair's. I have hung around the couple a few times including lunches. One outing I remember in particular was going to see a hockey game with them. You see the groom is a BIG Boston Bruin fan! I thought that the yellow and black would make an excellent version of wedding row. With a bit of help from my LNS I picked out a nice over dyed yellow and went with basic dmc for the black. I was so pleased with how it turned out!!



I got it framed simply with just a nice black frame (can't find pic). The bride and groom loved it! It also went with their wedding theme, especially the party after! Just look at the wedding cake!!



The second wedding I attended this year was for my co-worker. Unfortunately the grooms father passed away suddenly early in the year. I think in honor of him, who was an avid hunter, and just who they are, they did a hunting/camo theme. Nothing over the top, and it worked really well
The guys had camo vests, the girls wore a lovely brown and had orange flowers. The grooms cake was camouflage inside and tasted amazing!
My colour choice for this couple was of course an inspiration from camo. I loved the way it turned out as well!



This time I had in framed in what looked like aged wood. I have to go through the pics on my neglected DSLR and get a few better pics of this one... Maybe later this month

Have you done wedding row? Did you follow the pattern or add your own twist??

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

You did a wonderful job making the same pattern unique for each Icouple!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your changeups. I'm sure the couples really loved them too.

The Bruin cake is AWESOME!

Emma/Itzy said...

Great changes you made, both look lovely x

Angie said...

great changes

Angela said...

Both of them look great and I'm sure were very appreciated!